Manual for Women
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
If copies of Manual for Women were displayed in every grocery store checkout lane, right next to all the magazines, we’d live in a different world.
Now more than ever, the world needs who women were made to be. But what it means to be a woman has been grossly distorted by various modern ideologies. Manual for Women serves as a reminder to women that authentic femininity (and, yes, authentic feminism) springs from an embrace, rather than a spurning, of the great and unique gifts God has bestowed on them.
Manual for Women is for women who seek to grow closer to Christ and his Blessed Mother and discover what it means to be a woman after God’s own heart.
In Part I, noted Catholic author Danielle Bean, using examples from Scripture, the lives of the saints, and modern life, reminds today’s modern woman to embrace and cultivate their distinctive feminine gifts:
- Receptivity, or an openness and welcoming spirit toward others.
- Sensitivity, or an ability to see and understand the needs and feelings of others.
- Compassion, or an instinct to suffer with and alleviate the suffering of others.
- Beauty, or the recognition that the female body is a reflection of her great capacity for nurturing, whether she ever becomes a mother physically or not.
- Generosity, or an extraordinary capacity for self-giving love.
In Part II, readers will be nourished by the depth and richness of the Catholic tradition’s teaching on women. Church documents, wisdom of the saints, relevant passages from Scripture, wisdom from today’s Catholic women, prayers, and hymns will inspire, delight, and edify women, young and old, single and married, consecrated to God in the religious life or members of the laity.
Deluxe leatherette book, 296 pages.